Solar thermal system to heat the swimming pool.
It was not possible to put the panels on the roof so we have designed and manufactured custom brackets to make it possible to put the panels on the back wall of the pool building. The brackets are dipped galvanised.
Solar panels on the pool building
The new heat exhanger, solar pump and the controller have been installed in the existing machine room.
Solar pump unit with heat exchanger
The new solar controller is not only controlling the solar circuit but also takes over the control of the pool pump.
- The pool pump must operate if the solar circuit is working
- The controller is monitoring the operation time of the pool pump. If it did not operate during the past 3 days at least 5 hours the pump starts
- There is a minimum operation time to prevent the pump from short cycling
Solar controller in the middle
- The first switch is to enable or disable the auxilary gas heating
- The other swith is for the pool pump with 3 positions
- Direct operation: the pump is running continously. This may be required for water treating purposes.
- Off: the pump is stopped for example service puposes.
- The pump is operting automatically as described above